Monday, July 4, 2011

Unit 2: Exercise 2-2 - Games about the Economy and Marketplace

The game I selected to play was Diner City. It was pretty non-complex, however, it definitely took me awhile to determine a good balance between providing fast service and purchasing products that would increase revenue and restaurant capacity.

Playing the game made me aware of my buying behavior resulting from product pricing. I was conservative in purchasing items that would benefit my business because I wanted to retain a large bank account, however, I learned that I could make wise purchase decisions and weigh my options while still keeping sufficient funds in the bank to pay my bills. When money became scarce I would cut back on purchasing products, but I would increase the speed and cleanliness of my store to attract customers (less costly) and once my bank account grew enough I would then invest in the products that would greatly increase my revenue and capacity.

If I were to give tips to other players I would suggest that they invest quickly in in the lower priced products to increase revenue and restaurant capacity, while maintaining a fast service. Always ensure there are enough funds in the bank to pay for cleaning, and skip a round or two of purchasing new products for the store if funds are low.

And... while I didn't find it entirely necessary to purchase a security system in the beginning, after the third time getting robbed I decided to invest.

Good luck! It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment